Steven E. Farese Sr.
Steven E. Farese, Sr., is President of Farese, Farese & Farese P.A. in Ashland, Mississippi. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi in 1971 and his J.D. degree from the University of Mississippi in 1977 and has practiced law in Ashland since receiving his degrees. He is a member of National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and a Charter Member of Miss. Lawyers for Constitutional Justice. He is also a member of the American Bar Association, Mississippi Bar Association and Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association. He has served on the committee of the Mississippi Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee and as a Mississippi Bar Commissioner. He has served as Attorney for the Marshall County Board of Supervisors. He is also licensed in Tennessee, and a member of Tennessee Bar Association and the Memphis Bar Association.
Mr. Farese has lectured extensively throughout the United States to trial lawyers on criminal trial techniques. He has handled numerous "high profile" cases and has been interviewed by Vanity Fair. He has also appeared on Prime Time, Court TV, A&E's City Confidential, People Magazine, Nancy Grace, Larry King Live, Greta Van Sustren, and Good Morning America.
Steve and his wife Suzanne have three children, one of whom is Steve Jr., an attorney who practices law in the Farese Law Office. They have five grandchildren.
Year Joined Firm
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Mississippi, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1977
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- B.A. - 1971
- Marshall County Board of Supervisors, Holly Springs, Mississippi 38635
- Criminal Law, Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association, 1994
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Woodward & White - Best Lawyers in America - Criminal Law (Every Year), 1995 - Present
- SuperLawyers, 2008 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association, Criminal Law Section, Chair
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Mississippi Attorney's for Constitutional Justice, Charter Member
- Mississippi Bar Commissioner, Member, 2001
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
- Kappa Sigma